We recently installed a CME/CUE (4.1) system and are having difficulty with the transfer functionality. If we turn on transfer-system full-consult, it appears that the person who made the transfer is calling you even if they hang up and blind transfer before you answer. It's confusing when the person picks up the phone and thinks it's someone internal, but it's really an external call that was blind transferred from someone internal. I understand this is how it works on a consult, but I would think that as soon as you hang up the phone before consulting with the person it would change the caller id to the external number or extension. This is how our ancient PBX worked. It works if we change to full-blind, but then you lose the consult functionality. TAC says that this is as designed, but I can't imagine this is true. Please help.
Which phones / firmware are you using ? I think that in any case, the display should show both the original calling number and the transferrer one, I can check this tomorrow in the office.
That would be ideal if we could see both numbers as well. We are using mostly 7940's and a few 7960's. Firmware P0030702T023.
Would you please try 8.0(7) on the phones. I have these in the office and as I said I will confirm tomorrow what they show. But the firmware you are using is very old for recent CME like 4.1
We had P00308000400 previously installed, but we were told to downgrade because we were having some no dial tone issues. Are you running 8.0.7 with CME?
Yes we are. The latest FW for 7.2 would be 7.2(4) but not having the phone nearby I can't confirm what it shows with either FW version.
I'm interested the version of IOS you are using, we have discovered transfer issues in 12.4(11)XJ2 or later.
We are currently working with Cisco to resolve these issues specifically the B-ACD queue TCL scripts.
But if you have identified another transfer problem I would be interested to replicate in our lab if you can send me the configs.
If you are able, can you downgrade the IOS to 12.4(11)XJ and re-test.
I understand that there where major changes of the transfer code in CME 4.1 after 12.4(11)XJ2 these features/changes where rolled up and included in the 12.4(15)T1 release.
I've verified this and unfortunately it is true with (11)XJ4 only the transferrer number is shown.
Now my coworker seem to remember that it wasn't so with previous releases.
More investigation is needed because this behavior is seriously deficitary.
We end up disabling the supplementary services h450.2 and h450.3
Cisco have acknowledged the bug however it hasn't been made public. :(
voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
no supplementary-service h450.2
no supplementary-service h450.3