cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blind transfer

Maheshwar Tayal
Level 4
Level 4

Do we have any specific parameters to be setup in CUCM for blind transfer to be enabled from Cisco hard phones (for transferring to SIP based external PSTN users). (SCCP phones in CUCM uses an annunciator software device that is often located with an MTP device)

Issue: Transfer key does not appear on phone until the RBT comes from other end.

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The one thing to check is to see if the Transfer key is present in the Softkey template, second thing is to check if you have a Conference bridge in your device's MRGL. 

Please rate useful posts.

Point is Transfer softkey does not appear until ring back comes from other end- even though DSP resources are there.

Is this a tested feature from Cisco

change the service parameter

Transfer On-hook Enabled to True

This will allow users to hit the transfer softkey and dial the number and either go on-hook or hit the transfer softkey again to complete the call

As far as I know, remote end needs to send atleast a response (progress/connect) for the transfer key to show up. Will have to see if anyone else has other ideas.

I agree with George, just as you cannot transfer a call unless you pick it up, you cannot transfer a call which the system doesn't know "might" connect, and that's via the messages from telco.

Once the call has progressed up to the point on which you get ring back, THEN, you can transfer the call, not before.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi all,

say it was un-normal, then is it possible to make it appears when we call someone and during ring out without the remote end answer the call, i have a customer which asked it.

Regards,

ahmad