cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block Annoying Inbound Calls

Doug Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

We have specific number that rings into our PRI to one of our DID numbers about three or four times a week. When the person answers, no one is there. The user has asked if we can block that number since it's just and annoyance. I tried setting up a Route Pattern but that probably isn't the answer since it is based on the called number not the calling number. I do have the calling number and would like to block it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If using h.323 or SIP to the GW:

voice translation-profile blocker

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 reject /5551234567/

voice port x/y/z:23

translation-profile incoming blocker

If using MGCP I'm not sure the above will work, try reposting like "blocking calls with MGCP".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Doug Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it is an MGCP Gateway. I'll keep searching....

I've seen this question a lot of times over the last couple of yrs. As Paolo has mentioned this can be done using H323 or SIP, but not with MGCP. With H323 or SIP, you can configure the Dial-peer to match using the ANI. This option is not available with MGCP as the control is with CallManager. In CM there is no option available route calls based on Calling Party Number.

Thanks all to your responses. I'm seeing the same thing that it's simply not possible using an MGCP gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: