cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block calls based on time at time zone

roxysbrian
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to block all outbound calls for a specific device pool to a time zone before or after a certain time? We need the ability to block outbound calls to all time zone with an 8am time zone respective time. For instance, we are in CST and the time is 7:30am, we need to block calls going to every time zone but EST, then at 8am allow calls to EST and CST but block MST and PST, and so forth. Then at 8pm CST block calls to EST, but allow calls to CST, MST, and PST, and at 9pm block calls to EST and CST but allow calls to MST and PST, and so forth. Is there a way that this can be done?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Roxy,

I can think in Time of day routing.

You will assign a CSS to each device in a specifi Device Pool.

The route pattern for Outbound calls will be in a partition active during specific time.

Check Time Schedules for partitions and Date|Time group for the Phones.

When partition is not active and those phones use the CSS we created before containing a disable partition.

The calls will be blocked.

I have setup a new partition, CSS, time chedule, time period, and device pool and have put my test phone in the device pool but I am getting the system error message. Have any ideas on what I might not have done?

Thanks

Brian

Your call cannot be completed as dialed? Is the error?

You can turn off ANN. Normally that menas that the number either doesnt exist or your CSS dont have access to that number.

Yes, that is the error. I dialed my DID which it should have access to. I'm not sure what else to do, not fluent with CM.

Go ahead an open a TAC case with us.

Will be faster or contact your local Cisco FE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: