Views
Helpful
Replies

Block incoming calls for some users

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I would like to block incoming calls for some users , not all , i have H323 Gateway(E1) with CUCM version 7.5 , how the configuration it will be  ?

i am waiting your updates ASAP

thanks and regards

4 Replies 4

Hello Anas,

Try changing the partition of those users to the ones the gateway css doesn't have.

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are not very clear on the scenario!

do you want to block external calls from coming in, only for some phone numbers?

easiest thing to do is to summarise the numbers into a single or multiple Translation Patterns and just tick the route option: Block this pattern (on CUCM)

alternately you can reject certain numbers using translation patterns and profile on your gateway,

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dear minkdennis

do you want to block external calls from coming in, only for some phone numbers?

incoming calls means inbound

ex: from my mobile 69695544 to my DID extension : 7988

easiest thing to do is to summarise the numbers into a single or multiple Translation Patterns and just tick the route option: Block this pattern (on CUCM)

here i have to create new partion , new CSS , and put it in GAteway CSS

and put it the same CSS and Partion in Translation pattern "!"

and in phone number (block) : put New CSS and Partion

is it right ? do you have pdf for that ?

alternately you can reject certain numbers using translation patterns and profile on your gateway,

it is not good , i do it , all users will do block on incoming calls , but i need some phone numbers

thanks and regards

Whether you do the blocking on CUCM or on the GW, this is not selective for call from A to B, any call from A, will be blocked, no matter who they're calling.

If that's not what you want, you would need to look into TCL scripting for this.

How to block/reject calls has been discussed hundreds of times before at CSC, search CSC for this topic, and you'll find all the documentation you need for this task.

EDIT: FYI, blocking directly on CUCM is only on 8.X+, with 7.X, you need to to call blocking on the GW, no other way

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate