cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

block incoming PSTN caller id display for 3 users

wangyu_wy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a callmanager 5.1 with MGCP PRI. The requirement is to block incoming PSTN Caller ID for three 7941G IP phones. Any suggestions?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Use translations to accomplish what you ask. Take a look at Caller ID Presentation, Caller Name Presentation, Connected Line ID Presentation and Connected Name Presentation under the translation configuration page. I'm going to go off memory, but this how you may be able to accomplish.

You will need two partitions Ipphones & CLIDRestricted. The ClidRestricted Partition should be placed in a CSS called CSS-ClidRestricted. This should be the only CSS that hols this partition. Create a translaton pattern of the desired extension and place it in the IPPHONE partition. The CSS for the translation pattern should be CSS-CLidRestricted. Change the Presentation settings to Restricted. On the IP PHone, you need to place the line in the ClidRestricted partition and assign it whatever CSS you wish. Flow should be like so:

5000(IpPHONE)----> CSS-Clidrestricted--->Called Party Transform Mask=5000(ClidStricted partiton).

I hope it makes since. Again it was based on memory.

View solution in original post

Good memory, concise but detailed explanation, flowchart included and just a 4 ?

My rate, a 5 !

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

wangyu_wy
Level 1
Level 1

one thing I can think of is to add 3 translation patterns to match those 3 extensions... ... something like this:

for example, those 3 DNs are 6241, 6242, 6243 that require blocking incoming PSTN CLID on phone display

1) create three un-used DN like 6291, 6292, 6293 and assign them to those three phones

2) in the text label field, put 6241, 6242 and 6243 to make the users think they have the correct DN on the phone, and change external mask accordingly to make sure outbound CLID is correct. also change user name, alert name etc for internal call display

3) add translation pattern... translate 6241 to 6291, 6242 to 6292,6243 to 6293, and change calling party number to something like "0000" or restrict calling party number and name display

Any better ideas?

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Use translations to accomplish what you ask. Take a look at Caller ID Presentation, Caller Name Presentation, Connected Line ID Presentation and Connected Name Presentation under the translation configuration page. I'm going to go off memory, but this how you may be able to accomplish.

You will need two partitions Ipphones & CLIDRestricted. The ClidRestricted Partition should be placed in a CSS called CSS-ClidRestricted. This should be the only CSS that hols this partition. Create a translaton pattern of the desired extension and place it in the IPPHONE partition. The CSS for the translation pattern should be CSS-CLidRestricted. Change the Presentation settings to Restricted. On the IP PHone, you need to place the line in the ClidRestricted partition and assign it whatever CSS you wish. Flow should be like so:

5000(IpPHONE)----> CSS-Clidrestricted--->Called Party Transform Mask=5000(ClidStricted partiton).

I hope it makes since. Again it was based on memory.

Your memory served you right. It worked! Thx!

Glad to here that it worked.

If you don't mind, please rate the post.

LOL.. Nevermind..

Good memory, concise but detailed explanation, flowchart included and just a 4 ?

My rate, a 5 !

Should have rated 5... wrong button to click.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: