cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Harassing caller on CM/Unity 4.2

mbrooksbef
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CM/Unity 4.2 with IPCC and receiving harassing caller that I am looking to block. What is the easiest way to do this. I am far from a voip system expert, I am learning as I go along. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Are you using H323 or MGCP gateways to route call?

If you are using H323 you can block this at the gateway. MGCP gateways can't block incoming numbers.

Jason

we are using MGCP.

A much easier solution I brought up is to just i-divert the offensive calls when the called id shows up, but I cant seem to find where to specify the i-divert. The number that is getting the harassment has no voicemail, this way if they see the caller calling in, they can just dump them to a voicemail box and check it, or we can save the messages in case we want to pursue anything legal.

Mark,

Here is a document on I divert you will have to set this softkey up. The document should have the instructions that you need.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsimmdiv.html

HTH

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: