cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Outbound Calls - Recommended List

nrichie
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a list of phone numbers that are considered non-business related? I know the obvious ones like 900 #'s but I was wondering what other phone numbers we should consider blocking through our Call Manager solution to prevent the company from unnecessary liability.

Regards,

Nathan Richie

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I typically block:

-9[1-8]11 (Misc. telephone services that users typically don't need. 411 being the most obvious. You may need to make exceptions for visually impaired users or in areas where the city requires access to things like 211/311.)

-91[2-9]5551212 (Long distance directory assistance).

-911010T (Carrier selection codes to override your default long distance operator. You will be charged a much higher "casual calling" rate by whomever they pick. Think "10-10-288".)

-Most of the Caribbean. They participate in the North American Number Plan (NANP) along with the U.S. and Canada. This means they will have normal NPAs that you can block (91242....... for example).

http://www.lincmad.com/caribbean.html

Thanks Jonathan!

Correction: The LD DA should look like this: 91[2-9]XX5551212

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: