Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BRI info

Hi

How can I check how many active channels are being seen on my BRI interface.

BT have configured 1 ISDN BRI circuit with 4 channels configured on it and only 2 of the channels are working.

I told BT i need 2 physical circuits and they said I didn't ?...

So I need to troubleshoot my ISDN BRI interface/controller to figure out how or why the 4 circuits aren't working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: BRI info

You are having some gross miscommunication with telco here.

A BRI circuit can never have 4 channels. If BT is telling you that, take the name of the person saying that and ask to speak to a supervisor. Even worst if some creative install "technician" bridged two NTs on a single pair - sadly evidence seem to show that's what they did.

Please check again what you got and how is connected, as you said you need 2 physical circuits.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: BRI info

You are having some gross miscommunication with telco here.

A BRI circuit can never have 4 channels. If BT is telling you that, take the name of the person saying that and ask to speak to a supervisor. Even worst if some creative install "technician" bridged two NTs on a single pair - sadly evidence seem to show that's what they did.

Please check again what you got and how is connected, as you said you need 2 physical circuits.

Views
Helpful
Replies