cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI U interface for ISDN Radio Broadcasting

peyton.gwinn
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for information the right type of wic to use to support isdn voice calls off of Call Manger for isdn brodcast equipment. We currently planing out a migration from another vendor's product which prodives a two wire isdn U interface. I need to be able to this interface as some of the equipment has a NT-1 that cannot be bypassed.

I am also wondering which protocols I will have to use to supoort the gateway. Can I use SCCP or with I have to configure H323?

We use these line for College Sports broadcasting.

Peyton Gwinn                

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't make or support voice interface with BRI U. Only and exclusively, BRI S/T that connects to either an NT1, or another S/T interface.

Moreover (if that is what you wanted to do), there is no support for wideband calls using two B-channels, as some radio broadcasting equipment uses.

Hi Paolo,

Our current system uses an avaya tn128. I don't belive that when calls are made that the brocasting equipment is pulling up the both channels. The new isdn codec has a physical setting that nt-1 can be by passed so that the equipment can be connected to S/T. But the older equipment only connects to a U interface.

Do you know the distance limitation on the S/T interface. On the old board I could run the two pair wire for several thousand feet.

Peyton R. Gwinn

You can cover a Km or so with BRI S/T.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the start below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: