Views
Helpful
Replies

Bricked 7911G?

nathan_thorpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Whenever I try to flash the SIP firmware to my phone, it always shuts off when i hit the 9 key in 3491672850*# and the 8 key in 123456789*0#

On my TFTP Server all it says is

Rcvd DHCP Discover Msg for IP 0.0.0.0, Mac 40:F4:EC:EE:5A:34

Client requested address 0.0.0.0

Suppress pingable address 192.168.1.1

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Nathan

10 Replies 10

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Navin,

I feel it should be a bug.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

With best regards...
Ashok

Hi Nathan,

Just refer this link .What is firmware version u are using?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62949.html

regds,

aman

I can't see the firmware version because I can't boot into the phone. The firmware version I have in my tftp server is

9-3-1ES13. I did that key combination but it just turns off in the middle of it.

Hi Nathan,

Are u using CM or CME ?

Problem is there with one 7911 phone only ?

regds,

aman

No I am not using Call Manager now. I am just trying to get this phone to work. It just shows a blank screen when I boot it and when I try to restore it the lights go off in the middle of the key combination. This is the only phone that is having the problem. I tried changing the port speed as described in the article, still nothing.

Thanks

I have the TFTP server configured correctly and its getting the one file. I can't seem to start the restore process though.

Hi Nathan,

Hope u are using DHCP in setup and tftpd32 ?

I was referring to release notes of 9.2(1),

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_2_1/english/release/notes/7900_921.html

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 9.2(1) or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to an intermediate version (8.3(3) - 8.5(2)) then upgrade to 9.2(1).

regds,

aman

But I can't even start the firmware upgrade process. It stops in the middle of the key combination. It doesn't connect to the TFTP server until it boots normally but then it just has a blank screen.

HI Nathan,

I think then u should raise the RMA for phone.

redgs,

aman

amanso@hcl.in wrote:

HI Nathan,

I think then u should raise the RMA for phone.

redgs,

aman

Most people do not have support contract for phones, and cannot raise any RAM.