Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Build CNF Files for CallManager 7.1.3

hi,

Does anybody know the impact if we set this service parameter in CallManager 7.1.3 : Build CNF Files =  Build All     and    

Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup = False  ?

We have to do troubleshooting to remove the cache of TFTP server by running above serv parameter.

-Anyone have used it before and know what is the drawback or impact to running phones config and loads? 

- What is reason if by default those command Set to True and None by Cisco?

Thanks,

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Build CNF Files for CallManager 7.1.3

You can click on the service parameter name to get help on it. Usually the help explains the consiquence of your choice.

I haven't seen the Build CNF one before but disabling mem cache of TFTP is only going to reduce performance. The idea is that it puts the CNF files/firmware and such into memory to avoid every TFTP operation hitting the disk. That leaves disk I/O free for things like database sequential writes.

Normally the way you force the TFTP cache to clear is to just restart the service. I have not encountered a valid reason to disable mem cache.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.