cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Building A CUCM lab with SNOM 710 IP Phones

Mujeeb Shaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, this is very basic but since I am just getting to know about IP telephony and CUCM, If any one can guide and help me with configurations and procedure for the following tasks,

I have downloaded a free demo copy of CUCM 8.6 which i intend to use in lab for practise purposes, I have got 4 SNOM 710 SIP Phones and a cisco 2960 switch to work with, i need to enable telephony between them and also enable all the features which I can.

My question is what steps should i do on CUCM after installing it as a VM on my Vmware workstation or else dedicating a spare server which I have , installing ESXi on it and then creating a CUCM VM.

What services and features I need to enable on cucm and how do i register these phones and users to enable calling.

What configuration do I need to do on the switch and the phones.

Is there any way that i can get a free copy of Unity connectcion to enable voicemail in the same environment.

Waiting for Help.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shaik,

You can refer the link for registering SNOM phones as 3rd party SIP phones with Call manager

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4043563#4043563

After u do the installation of Call manager, u need to enable Call manager , TFTP service..

also, check the available licenses for registration of SNOM phones as BAsic /Advanced third party SIP phones.

regds,

aman

Thanks for the input Aman,, this scenario is for just a simple lab test environment,, it does not involve production,, do we still need licences, secondly, this will be in house, i.e tested with about 5 phones connected in a LAN, correct me if i am wrong, we dont need a gateway here, only the cucm server and the phones should be connected to the switch,

Also if u can tell me what configs do i need to make on the switch, or else will the phones just start working using only cucm registration.

Hi Shaik,

As far as I know , u require the licenses may be DEMO.

Since u have installed the CUCM, you can check the same under Call Manager  Administration----System --licensing Report.

If phones are in same network with CUCM, you can assign static IP  addresses or go for DHCP option assigning tftp option 150 with CUCM IP address.

else you can for Data and Voice VLAN config on the switch and do inter VLAN routing on L3 device.

regds,

aman

Hi Shaik,

You can also refer the link for understanding on STARTER licenses

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26881

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: