cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk add SCCP VG224 DN's

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way to do this currently through BAT. If not anyone know any axl api sequence to add a sccp vg224 and then the 24 lines with it?

Chad

23 Replies 23

thanks!

I'll give it a shot

Hi Guys,

i am having nightmares too adding VG224 SCCP to CUCM 6.1.2 using BAT.

1) I have created a gateway template named "0024CEF12F" (10 characters of MAC address)

2) setup first port 2/0/0 with device template named "AN0024CEF12F400" and line template named "224lines"

3) tried to create CSV file using BAT.xlt under VG224 tab. The first field is "MAC address/Device Name" which only seems to accept 10 character MAC address.

4) Also gave it shot using following text CSV file but got error messages

DOMAIN NAME,DESCRIPTION,PORT DIRECTORY NUMBER,SLOT,SUBUNIT,PORT NUMBER,PORT DESCRIPTION

0024CEF12F,test port 1,1001,2,0,0,test fax 1

0024CEF12F,test port 2,1002,2,0,1,test fax 2

0024CEF12F,test port 2,1003,2,0,2,test fax 3

lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 15

Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column.

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 Gateway passed.

INSERT for 3 Gateway failed.

so looks like it is trying to add 3 gateways as oppose to 1 gateway with 3 lines???

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

From your sample csv:

Not sure about the template name, but I would probably avoid using any part of the MAC address in the template.

The Domain Name field needs to be of the form :

SKIGWxxxxxxxxxx, where xxxxxxxxxx is the LAST 10 characters of the MAC address.

Also, I have found that the directory number needs to be unique, and not already existing in CallManager prior to the Gateway insert.

Finally, I found that I had to populate all 24 ports with a Directory Number, or the BAT insert would fail. (I have a dummy range which I use to fill in the blanks, and then just delete them afterwards.)

Hope this helps.

Alistair

Alistair, thanks for your quick response.

I have followed your recommendation but same error message

so i have change the name of BAT template

changed Domain name to SKIGWXXXXXXXXXX and configured all 24 ports

it appears that BAT is trying to add 24 gateways rather than 1 gateway with 24 ports?? i would really appreciate if you can advise brief step by step process of adding VG224 itself and the 24 ports to it.

Many Thanks

Aamir

Hi Aamir,

Attached is a sample csv file which I have just tried on my system and it works fine. You could always use this as a template.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair your csv file just works for me as well :) 5 points for that!

I am at a total lose here on how to do this. I cant figure out why it's so hard for Cisco to put in an easy way to import VG224s into the CUCM as SCCP. If the go in as MGCP, we cant bulk edit the ports. If we use SCCP, we cant bulk import with CSV files because there is not a phone template for the device. But the device "Analog Phone" shows up after you manually build out the phone.

So what is short answer to build out the VG224 through bulk?

Do I need to create the Gateway template and configure all ports on the device, then create a csv file for import for it with the lines?

Or is there another way?

Alistair -

Do I need to create a gateway template first?

I created my gateway SCCP, then I created only one port on the gateway. Used your template, copy paste and uploaded. Ran it and it inserted fine.

I sure was doing it backwards. I tried every combination. (import/exports, BAT, etc)

Anyways... thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: