cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Add

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Looking for some ideas. What is the most efficient way to add 300 phones to my CM cluster? Is the BAT tool the fastest way to do it? Has anyone used TAPS? One concern is, we usually deploy ext mobility which isn't dependant on the phone. This particular deployment we will be giving everyone a hard phone. What is the best way to do this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd say go with BAT if you need to configure almost all the specs from the phones. if you only need the basic features you might consider auto-registration, just a thought

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Hi Daniel,

You are most correct. We usually do up stickers and an excel spreadsheet up ahead of time with the pertinant info. As you scan the phones into XL pop a label on the IP Phone box at the same time. The spreadsheet can then be used to copy/paste the info into BAT. Works Great!

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd say go with BAT if you need to configure almost all the specs from the phones. if you only need the basic features you might consider auto-registration, just a thought

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Just add a note to the good tips from my friend Java. One major consideration these days is that you will require a seperate MCS box to build TAPS on if you are using any CUCM Version past 4.x. You used to be able to build the IPCC/TAPS on box with Windows based CCM's, but this is no longer the case with Linux based versions.

A good Barcode scanner and BAT is an excellent way to go!

Cheers!

Rob

This site is currently on CM 4.2.3. So my big consideration is when I scan in the phone and assign the user settings to the phone that we keep track on which phone is going on which desk... Correct? Thanks again for all of your help.

Hi Daniel,

You are most correct. We usually do up stickers and an excel spreadsheet up ahead of time with the pertinant info. As you scan the phones into XL pop a label on the IP Phone box at the same time. The spreadsheet can then be used to copy/paste the info into BAT. Works Great!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Perfect. That was the info I needed.