cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk change for Back Ground IMages

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do a large deployment of background images for our company.  How can I do a bulk back ground image change?

I have all the steps for a change but it will require users to update the phone.  We want to apply the change to various models.  Which I know how to do.  BUt Once I upload the Background FUll and TN image.  How can I apply that image automatically on the phones with out user intervention.  And the last thing I need to know how to do is to lock the phone down so that users can't change the back ground image.  BUt all this has to be done in a bulk change manner.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This topic has been discussed hundreds and hundreds of times before at CSC, a simple search would have provided you the answer, please search CSC for answers before posting. Also, when asking for help, you need to provide which version you're asking about.

CUCM can control the background for 89XX and 99XX via the common phone profile, and can also prevent the user from changing it.

For all other models, there is no way to change the access settings to just remove the background options. Try the settings on a phone, then choose one that accommodates your needs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

No, I meant what you asked before, the settings access.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no way to bulk edit the background image on CUCM without user intervention. However, there are some third party options as described in the following post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11458496/bulk-change-default-background-image-phones

Regarding preventing users from changing the background image, you can disable the 'Settings Access' option on the phone configuration page. When Settings Access is enabled, you can change the phone network configuration, ring type, and volume on the phone. When Settings Access is disabled, the Settings button is completely disabled; no options appear when you press the button. Also, you cannot adjust the ringer volume or save any volume settings. By default, Settings Access is enabled.

HTH

Manish

Manish,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I understand the Bulk background change part.

Now can you let me know how we disable the settings button?  Can't we just disable the Background settings only?  Either one will have to be done in a bulk manner?  perhaps if you can help understand how to do a bulk Access setting disable or a background setting disable then I can see how it can be done in a bulk manner?

Thanks

This topic has been discussed hundreds and hundreds of times before at CSC, a simple search would have provided you the answer, please search CSC for answers before posting. Also, when asking for help, you need to provide which version you're asking about.

CUCM can control the background for 89XX and 99XX via the common phone profile, and can also prevent the user from changing it.

For all other models, there is no way to change the access settings to just remove the background options. Try the settings on a phone, then choose one that accommodates your needs.

HTH

java

Jaime,

Thanks for replying.  The CUCM version is 8.6.2.24900-17.

I will check the search next time.  Thanks for the reminder.

Btw, you mentioned that I can lock down 89xx/99xx phones with common phone profiles.  That's great.  But with all other phones, can you clarify when you say :

"For all other models, there is no way to change the access settings to just remove the background options. Try the settings on a phone, then choose one that accommodates your needs."

Do you mean, the only option is to set the background and then remove the Thumbnail in the background images?  Is that what you meant as a work around for this.

Thanks for your help.

No, I meant what you asked before, the settings access.

HTH

java

Jamie

One last thing.  If I used Common phone profiles.  Uncheck the "user can change back ground" setting.

At the bottom I put my Background PNG file where it says  " Set back ground Image" I put my Image.png file.

Does that mean that when user walks up to the IP Phone, that image will be set with out user intervening?  I am trying to test it in the lab but I am depended upon Monkeys.

Let me know

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: