Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bulk change VG224 lines

Hello,

Is there a way to bulk change VG224 lines?  I would like to extend No Answer Ring Durration for about 400 lines, but I can't seem to pull them up in Bulk Administration.  I am using CUCM 8.0.

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (3)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Bulk change VG224 lines

If you can't do it via BAT, then you'd need to look at using the SQL interface. You can do almost anything via this: Including trashing your CUCM DB

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Bulk change VG224 lines

I don't use BAT, so I can't help there. For bulk work, I tend to use the SQL console interface:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_6_1/cli_ref_861.html#wp39876

GTG

Bulk change VG224 lines

No. But I do have the 600-page data dictionary PDF on my desktop . (I do a fair bit of writing custom CUCM apps) The database has a fair amount of protection within in (strong referential integrity, query throttling, etc) But it won't stop you running a DELETE query where you've missed off the WHERE clause . Oh, and there's no transaction support to help you either. (well, not that's exposed to us mere mortals...)

Providing you're sensible, and test on your dev CUCM, it's not too bad.

GTG

10 REPLIES

Bulk change VG224 lines

If you can't do it via BAT, then you'd need to look at using the SQL interface. You can do almost anything via this: Including trashing your CUCM DB

GTG

Bulk change VG224 lines

That's interesting.  My understanding is that CUCM these days uses Informix.  With respect to BAT, can you detail what would be involved?

Bulk change VG224 lines

I don't use BAT, so I can't help there. For bulk work, I tend to use the SQL console interface:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_6_1/cli_ref_861.html#wp39876

GTG

Bulk change VG224 lines

Wow, that's actually pretty interesting.  There it is; running SQL statements on the CLI.  If this "run sql " command allows for editing tables and entries, it sounds like it can cause more trouble than is worth.  Have you had any problems in your shop as a result of using this method?

Bulk change VG224 lines

No. But I do have the 600-page data dictionary PDF on my desktop . (I do a fair bit of writing custom CUCM apps) The database has a fair amount of protection within in (strong referential integrity, query throttling, etc) But it won't stop you running a DELETE query where you've missed off the WHERE clause . Oh, and there's no transaction support to help you either. (well, not that's exposed to us mere mortals...)

Providing you're sensible, and test on your dev CUCM, it's not too bad.

GTG

Bulk change VG224 lines

Oh, I see where you're coming from (helps explain how you would recommend making database changes directly via CLI).  No, this is definitely not a practical method for day to day things (I do some work in MySQL, so I understand what you're saying.)  Yes, I would like to avoid a situation whereby I can accidentally blow away an entire table by forgetting a clause after a long day of staring at a screen. 

However, I was not aware of this direct manipulation of data.  Fascinating.  I can't use this approach but I'm glad you mentioned it

Bulk change VG224 lines

Gordon,

One question - I've not worked with any databases outside of MySQL, but it sounds like other RDBMs are able to handle standard SQL queries, correct?  That sounds really handy since you can write one set of queries and make it portable between multiple platforms, no?

Bulk change VG224 lines

Sorry, don't understand what you're saying/asking.

GTG

Hall of Fame Super Red

Bulk change VG224 lines

Hi Shikamarunara,

Wow! Gordon has given you some great insights here (as usual +5 "G" )

If you don't want to go that route and blow up the dB like I would likely do

Have you tried BAT>Phones>Add/Update Lines>Query if you have anything common

you can search on like Device Pool for these VG's you would be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.