cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Delete Phones from 4.1 Database

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I am in the process of migrating phones from 4.1 to 6.1, as I move over phones I delete phones from 4.1, create on 6.1, then setup a route pattern that goes across the Intercluster Trunk however what is happening is the DN's dont completely remove themselves from the 4.1 Database. When it is a small amount of phone it is not a problem so I run a Route Plan Report and manually delete. However the number of phones that I am moving is growing larger and wondering if there was a slick way to remove DN's that are no longer attached to a Phone. I know in 6.1 there is a cool way to Bulk Delete but I assume if there is a workaround for Bulk Deleting in CM 4.1 it might be some SQL Query. Anyone have any ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

of course there is!

look at the drop down menu, unassigned DNs is there as an option

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you removing the DNs from the unassigned DNs from the route plan report???

they don't completely delete until you remove them from unassigned DNs

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yes I am using the route plan report but in CM 4.1 there is no option to differentiate between DN's that are unassigned and ones that are. So I have to go hunt and peck. So I was looking maybe for some SQL Query to look for any DN's that are not assigned to phones/devices or any other cool trick.

of course there is!

look at the drop down menu, unassigned DNs is there as an option

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Shane,

Hope all is well :) Like Java noted I don't think there is a faster way than using the Route Plan Report and choosing "Delete All Found Items".

Hope this helps!

Rob

Sounds good guys. That is manageable. I appreciate the feedback as always.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: