cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Speed Dials CCME 4.0

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Im trying to set up bulk speed dials, as we have too many numbers for the local speed dial (35 max).

I've uploaded a file called test.txt to flash. When I type in:

bulk-speed-dial list 1 flash:test.txt

I get the following error:

MicrossIT(config-telephony)#bulk-speed-dial list 1 flash:test.txt

Processing file:flash:test.txtflash:test.txt File load failed

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

jguggehe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning.

From what I have seen in the past, this is usually caused by the data in the file not being properly formatted.

You will want to make sure that you have (at a minimum) the following:

entry number, digits to be dialed, displayed name

Please make sure that each is separated by a comma and a space. So a sample entry would be:

01, 5551212, Bob Smith

There are some other options that can be set as well in the file, and they have to be properly delimited and spaced as well.

Please see the following for all the fields, and how to format them:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Command Reference - Cisco Unified CME Commands: B [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express] - Cisco Systems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html#wp1011188

Exellent that seems to have been processed.. however, i can't find out how to navigate to the list or how to call a defined speed dial number?

If I recall correctly, bulk-loaded speed dials of this fashion are not navigated as you would with local or personal directories.

If you haven't invoked the list yet in CME, make sure you do so using the following:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide - Configuring Speed Dial  [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express] - Cisco Systems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1010879

To place a call to a speed-dial entry in a list, the phone user must first dial a prefix, followed by the list ID number, then the index for the bulk speed-dial list entry to be called.

Hope this helps!