cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk User/Phone import: An HP cannot be associated with this type of Device

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Has anyone ever stumbled across this problem when doing a bulk import of users/phones?

I did a very basic import with the following file:

FIRST NAME,LAST NAME,USER ID,PASSWORD,PIN,USER LOCALE,MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,LOCATION,DIRECTORY NUMBER 1,DISPLAY 1,LINE TEXT LABEL 1,FORWARD BUSY EXTERNAL DESTINATION 1, FORWARD BUSY INTERNAL DESTINATION 1,FORWARD NO ANSWER INTERNAL DESTINATION 1,FORWARD NO ANSWER EXTERNAL DESTINATION 1,FORWARD NO COVERAGE EXTERNAL DESTINATION 1,FORWARD NO COVERAGE INTERNAL DESTINATION 1,CALL PICKUP GROUP 1

Hans,Meier,hmeier,12345,12345,German Germany,,hmeier,,7000,Hans,,,,,,,,

Fritz,Müller,hmueller,12345,12345,German Germany,,hmueller,,7001,Fritz,,,,,,,,

I get both users and the first phone created.. the import fails for the second file with the error message in the title (the entire line being:

DEVICE-LINE Association :: Error : 126 An HP cannot be associated with this type of Device)

The device is a 7961 and I have no idea what an HP is... (for me that's a computer made by HP).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Try Call Routing>Routeplan report

and check if those DNs are not assigned already to other devices.

HP sounds like Hunt Pilot. And if this is correct the DN with the error should already be assigned to a HP, so you can not assign it to a device DN ;)

BR,

Stoyan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

terryneill
Level 1
Level 1

What version of Callmanager are you using?

The best way to create a BAT file for import is using the BAT.xlt template on the server, copy this to your local PC to create the import file, it is pretty easy to use and has Macros enabled to create the file formats.

If you are on version 4 do a search on the server for BAT.xlt and copy it off to your PC, if you are on version 5 or 6 then you can get this from the BAT upload/download file section. Just download this and run locally to create your file format.

Apologies if this is how you have done this already, just thought i would point this out though as most BAT errors are cause by incorrectly formated file formats.

This is CCM 6.1.2 - and I created my file by loading an example file and editing the data.

You see the two lines are basically the same.. yet the first one work (proving that my file is in order) and the second one doesn't.

Hi,

Try Call Routing>Routeplan report

and check if those DNs are not assigned already to other devices.

HP sounds like Hunt Pilot. And if this is correct the DN with the error should already be assigned to a HP, so you can not assign it to a device DN ;)

BR,

Stoyan

Hi

Ahh.. now suddenly it starts making sense. If only the message would say "the DN is already in use in the selected partition"...

Thanks

Stephan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: