cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Lamp Indicator - 7960series

jhayes82687
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize for my lack of information; but I have been thrust into the role of Network Administrator, because that role was empty after the N.Admin left the company.

I believe the CCM is version 4 (how can I verify)

I am trying to set up one of my users with a busy lamp indicator on her phone, she is the President's secretary and needs to know when he is on the phone.

Please advise.

7 Replies 7

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Open CCMadmin and go to help

the version is there. If you click on the details button there are more details.

There are other tools also.

Randy

If you need to know the OS version and others, goto Start on the callmanager server and you will see the Cisco OS version tool.

Randy

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon,

To find out what version you are running;

Click on Help (upper right hand corner)

Click on About Cisco Unified Callmanager (for 4.x)

This should tell you all the required info :)

The easiest way to add a Busy Lamp in CCM 4.x version would be to add the President's DN/Directory Number as an actual key on a spare button on the Admin's phone. You can set the Ring Settings under the DN on this phone to "Flash Only" to keep the noise for incoming calls to a minimum.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you both.

Rob, do you have any more instruction that you could provide me to do this?

I have been 'playing' with the CCM for the last few days, trying to familiarize myself with it, but I am not sure exactly how to do ANYTHING. I may be able to figure this out, and I am going to try, but in the meanwhile, if you have a few simple steps I could take, I would appreciate it.

Ok, I just tried the following:

I went into the CCM, chose to edit MY device, added the directory number of a phone nearby that is not used, but active... set the ring settings to what you mentioned.

It did not work, the DN is on my phone, but nothing happens when the other phone is in use, or when it rings.

Hi Jon,

No worries :)

First off, it doesn't sound like you are in ccmadmin. Try this

https://x.x.x.x/ccmadmin

where x.x.x.x is IP Address of Callmanager

Go to Device>Phone>Find Directory Number begins with "xxxx" where xxxx is the Secretaries number

this should populate with the Secretary phone info>click on the phone info "in Red"

this should bring up a new page that shows the Secretary phone>look on upper left hand side under Directory Numbers and see if the is a line like

Line 2 - Add new DN (or any Line x - Add new DN)

click on Line 2 - Add new DN and add the President's DN (it should populate as "Shared Line")

towards the bottom of this page is where the Ring Settings are

Click Add

Reset

Hope this helps!

Rob

Those are exact the steps I performed.

I will try again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: