Replies

Busy tone (call waiting) configuration

sachin_mon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having a CCME with PRI line.

We wanted to configure the foll. feature:

1.When user A & B are on call & another user (either from internal or external caller) tries to call user A , user A should be able to hear some tone which will alert user A that there is an incoming call.

In other words we want to configure call waiting with a tone.

Is it possible to confure the same & if possible can somebody share the config template.

Thanks.

Rgds./Sachin

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i know u can do it for a call waiting on hold

under the line dn config

hold-alert 15 originator

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sachin,

Just to add a note to the good info from my friend Marwan.

SCCP: Configuring Call-Waiting Indicator Tone

To specify the type of audible call-waiting indicator on a SCCP phone, perform the following steps. The default is for directory numbers to accept call interruptions, such as call waiting, and to issue a beep tone. Instead of the standard call waiting beep, you can enable a ring tone for call-waiting.

Restrictions

•The call-waiting ring option is not supported if the ephone-dn is configured with the no call-waiting beep accept command.

•If you configure a button to have a silent ring, you will not hear a call-waiting beep or call-waiting ring regardless of whether the ephone-dn associated with the button is configured to generate a call-waiting beep or call-waiting ring.

•The call-waiting beep volume cannot be adjusted through Cisco Unified CME for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G, Cisco ATA-186, and Cisco ATA-188.

•The call-waiting ring option is not supported on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G, or Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. call-waiting beep [accept | generate]

5. call-waiting ring

6. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1117436

Here is the reference for "Hold" indication :)

On-Hold Indicator

On-hold indicator is an optional feature that generates a ring burst on idle IP phones that have placed a call on hold. An option is available to generate call-waiting beeps for occupied phones that have placed calls on hold. This feature is disabled by default.

LED color display for hold state, also known as I-Hold, is supported in Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions. The I-Hold feature provides a visual indicator for distinguishing a local hold from a remote hold on shared lines on supported phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G. This feature requires no additional configuration.

SCCP: Enabling On-Hold Indicator

The Call Hold feature is available by default. To define an audible indicator as a reminder that a call is waiting on hold, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. hold-alert timeout {idle | originator | shared}

5. end

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmering.html#wp1013688

Hope this helps!

Rob

I'm getting the same problem but i have UCM 6.1.1, not CME. how can i enable this on Call Manager 6.1 with MGCP Gateways??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: