Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C1861 CUE question

Hi guys;

I've been playing around with an old c1861-SRST-F/K9 and as it's my first experience with this type of hardware I can't seem to figure out a way of how to access the on-board CUE.

How do you guys access it? there's no special interface e.g. Service-Engine0/0, not even  tty line. Neither I can find a reference pointing to CUE in show inv or show diag. But the person I got it from insist it used to work as a VM box at some point of time.

Let me know if you have any ideas or have a 1861 you have access to to check & compare configuration,

Thanks,

Victor

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (2)
7 REPLIES

C1861 CUE question

You can't access the CUE cli  without  setting up the connectivity between the cue and the router . Check this doc :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#t11

Look at the "Activate IP Connectivity to Cisco Unity Express Software" in the above doc.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Karthik

C1861 CUE question

Thanks for the link but there's nothing new to me in there.

Going forward with investigating my issue I opened up the box to find out that neither on board CUE 512Mb RAM nor 1Gb flash were there. Everything else including CUE processor seems to be present. The memory is not a problem as I can take a spare dimm from an old 18xx series. But fhat about the missing flash? If I were to get it somewhre would the router detect CUE? I think these two were dumb questions and I already know what your answer will be. So I'll ask a different one: does anyone have a scrap 1861 (not E) with working CUE module that he/she would be willing to take the top off and remove the CUE flash and report if the router would stop detecting the module?

Thanks,

Victor

Hall of Fame Super Gold

C1861 CUE question

Module presence and status in router is reported with "show diag".

Lack or failure of flash in CUE, does not not prevent one to connect to it using "service-module" commands. You would see rom monitor output and the module failing to boot.

Hello Paolo maybe you know,

Hello Paolo maybe you know, early I use aim-cue and nm-cue with out any problem, now I try configure CUE on 1861 (first time), maybe I have same problem. I have no any service-engine interface and servise-module command not available, in  "sh diag" I can not see cue. I open router an found inside 1-GB Cisco original CUE flash card and CUE 256 DRAM installed !!! not 512mb. (infineon pc2700-333 256mb), Das is it normal DRAM count? or it not factory installed and I must upgrade it to 512mb, and was see CUE interface in CLI?

Hello, have you resolve this

Hello, have you resolve this problem? how can get access to service-engine interface on c1861-SRST-F/K9?

Hello, any news with this

Hello, any news with this issue?

I've been researching the same case and stuck on the SRST router model specs, so the cisco manual mentioned that CUE is available on model C1861-SRST-C-F/K9 (-C or -UC code notation), for example.

Also I have seen the similar box with the 1G flash card inside but w/o an access to service modules...

So, is there any way to upgrade the model C1861-SRST-F into CUE capable one?

Hello, Vladislav have you

Hello, Vladislav have you found way activate CUE?

Views
Helpful
Replies