Views
Helpful
Replies

C2950 configuration & Alcatel IP-Touch

faidy-d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm testing Alcatel Ip-Touch with Cisco 2950 device.

PC is connected to Alcatel Ip phone, Ip phone must be in vlan 600 and PC in vlan 200.

I need to tag IP traffic from Ip-phone with CoS=5 , and data traffic from PC with CoS=0

I think voice-vlan macro is not the best solution for non-cisco Ip Phone.

I choose to configure a trunk on the 2950 port :

interface FastEthernet0/1

description ----- PC + IP Phone -----

switchport trunk native vlan 200

switchport trunk allowed vlan 200,600

switchport mode trunk

storm-control broadcast level 50.00

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

spanning-tree bpduguard enable

end

But, how could I add , in this type of configuration (based on non-trusted port), CoS tagging to make the difference between ToIP traffic and data traffic from PC ??

Best regards

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The voice VLAN feature enables access ports to carry IP voice traffic from an IP phone. The switch can connect to a Cisco 7960 IP Phone and carry IP voice traffic. Because the sound quality of an IP phone call can deteriorate if the data is unevenly sent, the switch supports quality of service (QoS) based on IEEE 802.1P class of service (CoS). QoS uses classification and scheduling to send network traffic from the switch in a predictable manner. For more information on QoS, see "Configuring QoS." The Cisco 7960 IP Phone is a configurable device, and you can configure it to forward traffic with an 802.1P priority. You can configure the switch to trust or override the traffic priority assigned by an IP Phone.

microtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have the same problem, can any one help us how to tag Voice traffic comming from an Alcatel IP Phone on 2950 ports with Cos or DSCP

Thanks

Best regards

Malek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: