Views
Helpful
Replies

C3905 on CME audio problem

m.scafidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i have a bunch of CP-3905 registered on a CME 10.

these phones randomly appear to stop working, i mean: SIP signaling seems to work correctly (the phones ring if called and it is possibile to make calls..) but there's no audio either way.... it also happens that if in call, call flow stops flowing and then disconnects.

the only way to make them work again is by unplugging the network cable to unpower them (i tried the restart and reset commands from cli: the phones go through all the registration process but they still don't establish audio)

reading through the forum, it seems i'm hitting these known bugs:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud02155

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc17539

but i'm already running the latest phone load: CP3905.9-4-1-0 (this is what i can see from the phones web interface.. from the cme cli the show register pool command prints Current Phone load version is Cisco-CP3905/9.2.1 for every phone..)

any idea?

thanks in advance!

Marco

4 Replies 4

dwtcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marco,

did you find a solution for that?

I am running 9.4.1SR1-3 on CUCM 8.5 and i am having the same issues?

BR

Antonis

Hi Antonis

the solution for me was much simplier than i expected: the output the phone web page was wrong: they were just running Cisco-CP3905/9.2.1 (the bugged version).

so i just had to upload 9.4.1 firmware on the tftp and force them to use it.

Hi Marco, thanks for the answer

and how have you verified what version the phone was running for sure?

Mine, reports on the web page: 9.4.1SR1-3. Shall i trust it?

BR

Antonis

Hi Antonis

i'm sorry for the delay.

i'm not really sure of this, so i can only interpret the situation from the overall behaviour of the phones: this way it seems that the web interface is somehow not correct, while it is the command line output (so the short answer is, no, you shall not trust the phone web interface)