Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C3945-CME-SRST/K9 does we need to order sepreate license for phones ?

Hi ,

I have got a BOM from cisco for a customer . I have a doubt that does we need to oreder seperate License for the phones or cme ?

ROUTER NAME : C3945-CME-SRST/K9 

DESCRIPTION :3945 UC Bundle w/ PVDM3-64,FL-CME-SRST-25, UC License PAK

SL-39-IPB-K9 SL-39-IPB-K9            Cisco IP Base License for Cisco 3925/3945       Included

SL-39-UC-K9 SL-39-UC-K9              Cisco Unified Communication License for Cisco 3900 Series Included SL-39-IPB-K9 SL-39-IPB-K9 Cisco IP Base License for Cisco 3925/3945                                                                                  Included

SL-39-UC-K9 SL-39-UC-K9 Cisco Unified Communication License for Cisco 3900 Series Included

I have around  Total 170 users with phones . If i want to buy license how many no.of license i should by is it somethink depends on phone models

as like in Callmanager Servers .

Can anybody help me out in this licenseing .

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
  • IP Telephony
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

C3945-CME-SRST/K9 does we need to order sepreate license for pho

This has been asked so many times and cisco has published documents, if you can take the time to search before asking ?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: C3945-CME-SRST/K9 does we need to order sepreate license for

Hi Breeze,

Legally you do require both the "Seat" and "Phone" licenses

Even with the newest ISR-G2 CME licensing scheme, Phone Licenses are Paper based RTU licenses (Right to Use).

Right to Use Feature licenses are not enforced.

The "legal" expectation is that a license will be purchased for each phone but this is still strictly "honor" based

Here is a clip that speaks to this question;

Prerequisites for Configuring Cisco Unified CME

Base Cisco Unified CME feature license and phone user licenses that entitle you to use Cisco Unified CME are **purchased.

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeover.html#wp2286954

ISR 29xx, 39xx

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10537_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9001359

Cheers!
Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
Views
Helpful
Replies