Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Call Accounting w/ Translation Profile

I recently started playing with call accounting on a voice gateway.  When I opened the CSV file today to look at yesterday's calls I noticed that a number passing through a dial-peer did not have the translation profile reflected in the call accounting file.  For example, the outgoing pots dial peer has a destination pattern of 86T and a translation profile that has a rule of /^86/ /0/

In the call accounting file I see one record with the number of 8622xxxxxx.  I then see the next record of just 22xxxxxx.  Technically everything worked as it should because the call lasted 20+ minutes.  But I would just like to understand the mechnanics going on with the call accounting.  I would expect the 2nd record in the call-accounting file to reflect 022xxxxx, but it wasn't.

Anybody have any idea what's happening behind the scenes?

Community Member

Anybody have any input on

Anybody have any input on this?

It sounds like the data is

It sounds like the data is reflecting the default digit-strip behavior of the dial-peer and ignoring the translation-profile configuration.  That may be the expected behavior.  I believe outgoing translation-profile matching is done after digit-strip so it might be that the translation-profile isn't being hit at all.  Did you confirm the calls are indeed prefixing the 0?

Community Member

The 0 is being prefixed as

The 0 is being prefixed as the call would fail without the leading 0.

Further research looks like

Further research looks like digit-strip is done after outgoing translation-profile is applied so that's why the 0 is still being added.

CreatePlease to create content