cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Admission Control/Location configuration on CallManager

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3845 gateway(at Regional office) which is connected to Nortel PBX through QSIG and also conntected to local PSTN through E1 PRI.The gateway is registered to the CCM 4.2(3) sr2b cluster in head office over the WAN through MGCP. I have Cisco as well as Nortel phones at the regional site.

Requirement - When a Nortel phone(at Regional office) connetced to Nortel PBX call a Cisco Phone at head office,it has to go through WAN as primary and through local PSTN terminated on local 3845 router(at regional site) as secondary ie when WAN is congested(when certain bandwidth is fully exhausted).

How can this be achieved?

Can this be achieved through CAC/location configuration. I know "location" can be configured on Cisco IP phones but is there a way calls from Nortel phones understand that bandwidth is exhausted and they need to take alternate route ie through local PSTN.

Thanks

KMS

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM can only control phones and devices registered to it.

You can configure a location for the GW you use to connect to Nortel and that will avoid using more BW than necessary.

Simply configure a location A for GW and phones in location B.

The rerouting on Nortel... well, i guess you should be asking Nortel folks about that or refer to your Nortel documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate