Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Coverage in CME

Kynnzak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I have a customer who wants to have an executive's calls covered by the administrative assistant.  More specifically, if the executive is away from the desk or on the phone, they want the administrative assistant to be able to answer calls on their behalf.

If I use the "button" command on the administrative assistant's 7962 phone, I can assign the executives extension (ephone-dn) by using the button 2:XX command, where XX = the ephone-dn of the executive.  This works well when the executive is not on the phone.

Synopsis of scenario:

Call comes in to executive's DiD, executive is away from the desk, the call will ring on the appropriate line button of the administrative assistant's phone.  Once answered, the call can even be transferred back to the executive's phone or voicemail box.

Call comes in, the executive is on the phone, the call visually displays on the executive's phone, but no visual nor audio indication of the call is delivered to the administrative assistant's phone.  I have tried every possible button configuration (:,  x, c, o, et. al.) to no avail.

Being completely aware that I may be trying to solve a process problem with technology, has anyone been able to set up phones for the scenarion described?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What's the point of having "visual confirmation" ?

The call is delivered in any case. However, that requires the DN to be octo-line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: