Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Detail Reporting on the CUCM platform

Recently I wrote an application that uses the Informix Client SDK to pull statistics from CUCCX for a wallboard.  Pretty straight forward, I was hoping to use the work I did for CUCCX on CUCM to pull CDRs.  I've come to find out that while this used to be possible, this has not been the case in a long time.  So, this is pretty dumb.  I understand that I can run reports from the CLI on CUCM, which I have done and works okay for an irregular process, but its very limited in the case where I would like to write an app that authenticates users and allows them to pull reports from a web page whenever they like. 

I'm currently using CUCM 8.0 and am hoping someone can tell me if there are any plans to allow CDRs to be queried directly on CUCM.  Is this on the road map?  Also, yes, I am aware that the CDR history is quite limited when querying directly on CUCM, so hopefully if Cisco ever goes back and fixes this that they will allow users to hold records for a year or more.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CUCM server is not a CDR

CUCM server is not a CDR storage server, ever since we moved to Linux appliance the CDRs have been limited to just a certain HDD space and 6 months as maximum storage.

If you want to keep CDRs for a longer period of time, that's why you need a CDR repository.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Understood.  I'm saying that

Understood.  I'm saying that it's wrong.  CUCCX is built to work that way, and rightly so.  CUCM's CDR system should be changed.  Downloading flat files and parsing them for data is a backwards way of handling such a straight forward thing.  It's bizarre that Cisco understands this for th CUCCX platform, but this concept eludes them where CUCM is concerned.  Let's pretend that querying a CUCM server directly for CDRs is a burden on the server, right?  I'd rather put in a dedicated subscriber whose only mission in life is to serve these records.  Cisco already recommends using dedicated TFTP servers for environments that are a certain size, they can't accomodate direct CDR querying with a dedicated server?

Cisco Employee

Different products, different

Different products, different teams, different people and thoughts.

If you want answers to your questions, this needs to go thru your AM/SE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content