Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call directly without pressing 9 or 0

Hi

First Question :

How i can call directly without pressing 0 or 9 on the phone ?? i have h323 protocol

this is POTS configuration in My gateway :

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:15

All route Pattern

9.18xxxxxx without predot

how i can do it without pressing 9 or 0 , just remove 9 from gateway and dial-peer and thats all ???

Second Question is :

I have Fake Extenstions (not DID extension) , i need somebody has a fake extenstion call out side , will do through some DID extesntion , i will use EXternal mask or translation pattern or num-exp , Note : SIP trunk using from TElco side  (not E1 or FXO ) from my side

ex:

fake extention : 401 , when call out side. go through

solution is

num-exp 4.. 222708..

it is right

thanks and regards

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

Call directly without pressing 9 or 0

For the first Q: Yes, removing 9 from the dial-peer will do the trick, but this is not recommended as when you have a pattern with T, it means match any number of digits, which means if anyone would dial an incoorect number (Internal Ext) the router would try to send a call through the voice gateway. If you plan to use have call routing seting without using a 9 or 0 dial, you should have dial-peers setup to match specific 10 digit for LD and 7 digit for Local starting with [2-9]. You'd need a similiar dial-peer for Intl calls.

2nd Question:

Yes, you can do a num-exp compared to translation-rule. Though if you want to have a better control on the translation it you might want to use translation-rule. A thread you could read to get more info on both of them:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2039487

HTHs

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content