Helpful
Replies

Call directly without pressing 9 or 0

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

First Question :

How i can call directly without pressing 0 or 9 on the phone ?? i have h323 protocol

this is POTS configuration in My gateway :

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:15

All route Pattern

9.18xxxxxx without predot

how i can do it without pressing 9 or 0 , just remove 9 from gateway and dial-peer and thats all ???

Second Question is :

I have Fake Extenstions (not DID extension) , i need somebody has a fake extenstion call out side , will do through some DID extesntion , i will use EXternal mask or translation pattern or num-exp , Note : SIP trunk using from TElco side  (not E1 or FXO ) from my side

ex:

fake extention : 401 , when call out side. go through

solution is

num-exp 4.. 222708..

it is right

thanks and regards

1 Reply 1

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

For the first Q: Yes, removing 9 from the dial-peer will do the trick, but this is not recommended as when you have a pattern with T, it means match any number of digits, which means if anyone would dial an incoorect number (Internal Ext) the router would try to send a call through the voice gateway. If you plan to use have call routing seting without using a 9 or 0 dial, you should have dial-peers setup to match specific 10 digit for LD and 7 digit for Local starting with [2-9]. You'd need a similiar dial-peer for Intl calls.

2nd Question:

Yes, you can do a num-exp compared to translation-rule. Though if you want to have a better control on the translation it you might want to use translation-rule. A thread you could read to get more info on both of them:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2039487

HTHs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: