Views
Helpful
Replies

Call directories not updating

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

There are 2 nodes with UCM 8.6.2.20000-2 in cluster serving different device pools. While 7911 phones served by first node works well, the phones served by second node has a problem with logging missed/received/placed calls. Directories are not updating and stores old records.

How this logging works - are records stored on UCM or on the phones? How can I troubleshoot this problem, is there a traces in RTMT?

Regards,

Maxim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Check the phone's Status Messages for an ITL update failed message.  I've seen this before when the ITL changes (in your case maybe on one server) so the phone will not accept it's TFTP configuration where the phone learns that it's set to log call history.  On a test phone you can delete the ITL file from Settings > Security Configuration > Trust Lists and see if that fixes the problem.

View solution in original post

Hi

I woud suggest you to delete ITL file and see if it works.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

The records are stored in Phone and CUCM do not store it.  We need to see why this phone is not storing. Is it happening to all the phone or one phone or set of phones.

regards

Ronak patel

rate helpful posts.

Hi,

This happening to all phones served by second node. The same phones with the same firmware served by first node works well.

Regards,

Maxim

Check the phone's Status Messages for an ITL update failed message.  I've seen this before when the ITL changes (in your case maybe on one server) so the phone will not accept it's TFTP configuration where the phone learns that it's set to log call history.  On a test phone you can delete the ITL file from Settings > Security Configuration > Trust Lists and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you, this helped.

Is there a method for bulk ITL deletion? There are many phones and the subscribers wouldn't appreciate doing such operations on their phones.

Regards,

Maxim

Hi Maxim,

Below are some way to do the bluk delete

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15799

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23501

regards

Ronak Patel

rate helpful posts.

Joe (+5) I have enjoyed your contributions on the forum especially around security i.e ITL files, TVS etc. In fact one of your posts helped solved a problem yesterday..Good work.

Still on this thread, Why would the ITL file on one server change in the cluster and the other didnt? What could cause this..

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think this happened because I have changed host name for server 2.

Regards,

Maxim

That's great to hear!  The ITL file could have changed on only one server is the callmanager.pem certificate has changed on that node only.  As Maxim pointed out a hostname change will automatically regenerate the callmanager.pem file to contain the new hostname.  Other times this can happen if the call manager certificate (callmanager.pem) is regenerated possibly on both nodes but TFTP is only restarted on one node.  This would cause the ITL file on the hard drive to be new, but only the server that has had TFTP restarted would be serving out the new ITL file to the phones.

Excellent Joe. So in the future when you change hostname, you need to retart tftp server so that the new ITL files will be served to the phones?

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes, following the hostname change procedure there is actually a reboot step that would take care of the TFTP restart to make sure the new file is served.  I have seen in the past where certificates are manually regenerated, and when that happens you do need to restart TFTP manually afterwards for the new file to be in use (passed to the phones).

I have rebooted both nodes after hostname change so the reason for this problem is unclear.

Hi

I woud suggest you to delete ITL file and see if it works.

regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.