cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Fordward Caller ID Change on Cisco Router

PaulTIaciofano
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Seimens HICOM 300 connected to a Cisco 3800 Router via 4 PRI Interfaces. The Cisco Router is connected to my carriers SIP Network. If I try to forward a call from one of my digital phones through the SIP Network, the call does not go through since the calling parties Caller ID is forwarded to the SIP Network, and the SIP Network will not accept a DID that is not defined within there switch. My PBX does not allow me to change the forward caller id to a different number. Does anyone have recommendations on how to change the Caller ID from a Call Forward on a Cisco 3800?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On SIP DP configure clid network-defined xxxx

Will this command change my caller-id for all of my outbound calls through the SIP Network? I am currently allowed to pass through the Caller-ID of all the DID's that belong to my company that have been "ported" to my SIP Carrier. Just to clarify my outbound calls through the SIP Network work fine. The problem is just related to the call forwarding, since the PBX "Preservers" the Original Caller ID.

In reference to the command you specified "clid network-defined", would I configure that in my two voip dp's? I have attached a copy of the voip configuration in this attachment.

Thank you in advance.

You need then to identify CLID's that are not yours and set a fixed number for these. This is done with translation-rules. For example you can use type/plan to match, but need to see the specif calls to make an example.

Note the PBX is certainly able to change the calling number, because that's the way it works in all the word. most likely the technicians don;t have the will.

If I decided to make all of my outbound calls through the SIP Network, with the same Caller-ID will the "clid network-defined 2121234567" command configured on the SIP DP perform this function, even if my PBX Is sending out different Caller-ID's?

Yes.

Can you give me an example of what the translation-rule of CLID's that are not mine to a fixed number. Would I need to make any additional changes to my current DP?

Lets say that all of my about Caller-ID will be coming from a 201-555-xxxx Range. All other Caller-ID's will most likely be from a callforwarding.

voice translation-profile set-clid

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^201555/ /201555/

rule 2 /.*/ /2015551234/

dial-peer voice xxx voip

translate outgoing set-clid

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

So in the voice translation rule, the first rule will keep my internal range of DID #'s preserved going through the SIP Network, and rule 2 will change all others to a 2015551234 IP Address?

Yes.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: