Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All problem to intercluster trunk

Helmi Muzammil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have intercluster trunk between call manager 6.1 and call manager 8.6, and i face the problem call forward all  (from call manager 6.1) get fast busy tone when forward to intercluster trunk (call manager 8.6) and strangely it's affected only one number, let's say 42800. i can forward all any number DN to call manager 8.6 except 42800.

what should i do?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a Route pattern for this number 42800 on CM 6.1, are similar numbers like 42XXX working fine when forwarded? If yes, have you tried deleting and readding this extension and also checking the Route plan report for any duplicate DN's with extension 42800. Also, is the forwarding CSS diff for this DN compared to others? Is the replication status good on your 6.1 cluster, there have been numerous database related bugs on CUCM 6.0 and 6.1 so it is worth checking.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a Route pattern for this number 42800 on CM 6.1, are similar numbers like 42XXX working fine when forwarded? If yes, have you tried deleting and readding this extension and also checking the Route plan report for any duplicate DN's with extension 42800. Also, is the forwarding CSS diff for this DN compared to others? Is the replication status good on your 6.1 cluster, there have been numerous database related bugs on CUCM 6.0 and 6.1 so it is worth checking.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for reply,

1. There is route pattern 4XXXX and working fine.

2. Also I have tried deleting and readding extension but no change.

3. There is no duplicate DN for this number when i checked it from route plan report.

4. Forwarding CSS is same to others.

5. Database replication 6.1 cluster is in good state.

any idea Manish?

Thanks,

Hi Helmi,

Configuration wise there isn't much else to check. Apart from the points already covered above to isolate the issue you will need to recreate the issue and collect ccm traces from both clusters for a test call. It needs to be checked whether the call does make to the 8.6 cluster or does it fail on the 6.1 cluster itself. Accordingly the troubleshooting will need to continue on the identified cluster where the call fails.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Sorry for late reply,

I made simple call test from cluster 6.1 DN 42697 to 42800 ( 42800 6.1 cluster call forward all to 42800 in 8.6 cluster) and also i collected ccm traces from RTMT. Manish, i couldn't read ccm traces well but i use CUCM trace translator to read ccm trace and see error 31 when 42800 (6.1 cluster) forward to 42800 (8.6 cluster). also i see "forwarding error call forward hop count exceeded". I think the call fail on 6.1 cluster.

also i attach ccm traces. would you like help me to read the ccm trace log?

calling : 42697 6.1 cluster ( ip address : 146.44.16.89 )

call manager : 146.44.4.163

called : 42800 6.1 cluster (forward to 42800 8.6 cluster)

That's very kind of you,

Looks close to the following

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsr63994

Can you check if your cucm is running one of the fixed versions.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply,

currently our call manager running on CUCM 6.1.4.1000-10 and not listed to the fixed versions

should i upgrade call manager to the fixed version?

Thanks,

Can you try restarting the ccm service on CUCM 6.1 servers to see if that helps.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Sorry for late reply,

I have tried to restart call manager service on 6.1 cluster, but still not working well

What should i do?

Thanks,

Helmi

As a final resort, based on the error can you try increasing the values of the following service parameters on the callmanager to 24 ( System > Service parameters > select Publisher > callmanager service )

Forward Maximum Hop Count

Max Forward Hops to DN

If issue persists and no one else replies to this post i would suggest engaging TAC.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Sorry for late reply,

it working well right now after i restarted call manager service and tried to increase Max Forward Hops to DN.

Thanks for your help and your support

Cheers,

Helmi

Thanks for the update Helmi.

Manish