Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

call forward all problem

This is a weird one.

I have a number 8580 that has previously been allowed to divert to a mobile number out of hours, all of a sudden any calls to this number, when its diverted either internal all external calls, get busy.

Even if the number is divert to another number in the office, you still get busy when you call it.

I tried eveything but can't get this to work. Give them another number with exact same setup and it works fine.

I've even deleted the number totally and then recreated, still no joy.

Has anyone came across this sort of thing before, as i've said this used to work, nothing appears to have changed, and everything looks okay just doesn't work.

help

Grant

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: call forward all problem

Activate SDL/SDI traces for that devices and see what it tells you when you dial that DN. or Use Dialed Number Analyzer (DNA) and see what s wrong.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Grant,

Did you remove 8580 via the Route Plan Report? I would try to remove it completely from the device and Route Plan Report. Many times when you re-use a DN it will still have some properties/settings associated with it until removed. Then you can re-assign 8580 and see what happens;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecf84.html#22023

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

yeh I thought of that and deleted in from route plan report, still no joy though when I recreate it. any other advise.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Grant,

That is weird! Can you tell us the following;

CCM version

IP Phone model and firmware

Tried the same setup on different phone?

Any shared lines with 8580?

Have you tried the CallForward All from CCMadmin and the phone itself?

**Last resort** have you tried booting CCM?

Let us know,

Rob

Could you please upload CCM detailed traces of one call? This will tell us the exact reason of the problem.

Also if some incorrect information is stuck in cache the reboot will fill the issue.

But again the trace will be the way to go on this one (if you want a quick and accurate resolution)

I have ran into similar issue and the fix was to reboot the cluster. I believe it's something with the database layer monitor.

Danny

Views
Helpful
Replies