cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All with FAC

ckltd7401
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CCM 4.1.3 SR5b and I'm facing a challenge with helping an end-user set the CallFwdAll on his IP phone extension to forward all calls to his mobile phone. The problem is that his mobile # is a long distance call from his site and we have a FAC configured for this site. Is there a way to include the FAC with the mobile # when the user initiates the forward?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

sure u have already a route pattern for that long distance call with FAC checked and this pattern is in a partition and CSS for is device is configured upon this FAC enabled route pattern under his device level or line level.

now create a similar long distance route pattern but without FAC enabled (u can simply copy existing RP and uncheck FAC) plus add in the prefix field under this new Route pattern this prefix is his FAC code, and put this long distance pattern in a new partition, then create new CSS (this CSS indeed once ossigned to a device/line/FwdAll will let the device place a long distance call wihout requiring FAC)

now under Line config page you will find to the right Call Forward all a calling search space field, choose for this calling search space field the new CSS u have created (this that has his FAC code as prefix and will not prompt for the FAC)!

now once Call Fwd All field has this new CSS that user will not be prompted for FAC when forwarding calls to his mobile.

this should work fine

hth

/majdi

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

sure u have already a route pattern for that long distance call with FAC checked and this pattern is in a partition and CSS for is device is configured upon this FAC enabled route pattern under his device level or line level.

now create a similar long distance route pattern but without FAC enabled (u can simply copy existing RP and uncheck FAC) plus add in the prefix field under this new Route pattern this prefix is his FAC code, and put this long distance pattern in a new partition, then create new CSS (this CSS indeed once ossigned to a device/line/FwdAll will let the device place a long distance call wihout requiring FAC)

now under Line config page you will find to the right Call Forward all a calling search space field, choose for this calling search space field the new CSS u have created (this that has his FAC code as prefix and will not prompt for the FAC)!

now once Call Fwd All field has this new CSS that user will not be prompted for FAC when forwarding calls to his mobile.

this should work fine

hth

/majdi

Thanks majdi; I later found out that we were running the FAC via the phone service provider, not from the CCM. Your solution would have worked so I'm giving you kudos on that. Post rated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: