Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward by provider

Hello,

we are using a UC500 with ISDN BRI Ports on small locations in Germany.

In normal scenario a call forwarding to an external number (i.e. Mobile) would be very easy configured.

A call coming in will be dialed out using a second line. But this will block two lines as long as the call lasts.

There is a special feature by the local provider (Telekom) regarding call forwarding on ISDN lines.

The forwarding is done by the providers switch, so not blocking any line at all. For this to activate you have to dial the following:

*212*TargetNumber*MSN#

(The provider will respond with a message like "Activated")

To cancel the forwarding you have to dial

#212*

So, how can this be configured with the uc500 box (or call manager express)?

Any comments or hints appreciated.

regards

HMK

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, config like:

dial-peer voice 212 pots

trunkgroup xxx (your BRI TG)

destination-pattern [*#]212T

no strip-digits

From any phone dial as you indicated. If you have multiple BRIs under a single number, make sure telco diverts them all with a single call.

Hello,

sorry for the late reply.

I tried the following:

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern [*#]212T

no digit-strip

port 0/1/1

forward-digits all

If I dial #212* there is no match for a dial-peer. If I try *212* the dial-peer is matched, so there must be a special behaviour of the # key. How can I forward this #.

regards

HMK

The # key is a special digit in CCM and CME ? it is for end of digit so to force calls out quicker and ignore the 302 timer. I suggest you tell your users to enter any sequence such as *1212 to cancel but send out the correct sequence to line ???? #212

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: