cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward doesn´t work!!!

Hi all!

A strange question!

My customer use CUCM 7.1.5.

When he try to set your phone to forward the call (FWA, BUSY, UNREGISTERED, NO ANSWER) for a PSTN number, the call fail and back the busy tone.

I have checked all details to forward a call, such as CSS,Calling Search Space Activation Policy, etc...

The forward to internal extensions work´s fine. When I try to transfer manually, work´s fine. The user can to set the number to forward the call.

Some ideia??

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

Looking at your debug, the call is going to the PSTN with the extension as a Calling Number

Exclusive, Channel 12

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '7119'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '995740194'

Is the external phone number mask on x7119 configured. Maybe your Telco is rejecting the call for that reason.

Please rate helpful answers!

View solution in original post

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Marcelo

Have you configured the phone correctly? This should send the External number mask configured as the calling number.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Marcelo try this:

• Directory Number Configuration page Scroll down to External Phone Number Mask and enter the number that you want to send to the PSTN. Then click Update at the top of the page. You have to repeat this same procedure for the  other extensions configured for this IP phone (if you want to send those  numbers to the PSTN).

• Route Pattern Configuration page Locate the route pattern that you are using to make calls to the PSTN. Scroll down to the Calling Party Transformations section.

• If you check Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask, you  use the number that you configured in the Directory Number Configuration page as the caller ID.

• If you uncheck Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask, then you can configure the Calling Party Transform Mask. Enter a number such as113472xxxx (CallManager fills out the xxxx with the phone's 4-digit extension).
    • Route List Detail Configuration page Go to the Calling Party Transformations section.

• Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask If you set this to On, you use the number that you configured in the Directory Number Configuration page as the caller ID. If you set it to Off, then you need to configure the Calling Party Transform Mask (next line on this same page). The setting that you use here overrides  the settings that you configured in the Route Pattern Configuration  page. You configure the Calling Party Transform Mask here in the same way as explained for the Route Pattern Configuration page.

Also ensure that as i told you before:

In the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Page, choose  Service Parameters > CUCM IP Address > CM Service.

Set the CFA CSS Activation Policy as With activating device/line CSS.

Not sure the number that the PTT is expecting from your side, anyway it can guide you  through

Cheers
    Bruno Rangel

Please remember to rate helpful  responses using the stars bellow and identify helpful or correct answers .

Cheers
    Bruno Rangel
    Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
    Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame

Start mentioning type of lines and gatway protocol you're using.

The models 7970, 7965, CIPC, 6921 with SCCP and H.323 gateway model 2851 with the IOS 12.4(15)T11.

Yes and the type of lines that you are using.

yahsiel2004
    Level 7
    Level 7

Marcelo,

Are you adding your access code to the forwarded number? Example below:

Access Code 9

Line 1

CFWD ALL 918001234567

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi yahsiel!

Yes, I am adding my access code!

Paolo, the line is E1 ISDN, PRI group.

The call come to the gateway and the cause code is normal claring (16).

In the same CUCM, I have other H323 gateway in other site and when the call is forward to that gateway, the call work´s fine.

When I see the call in the CAR, the cause termination is in the forward extension with cause code on behalf of (22)

Can you post a debug isdn q931?

Hi Amine!

Folow the debug Q931 and ccapi inout. Folow too the timestamps and show version and show running.

thanks!!

Hi Marcelo!!!

I had this issue when did upgrade the CUCM found that:

This occurs when Cisco Unified Communications Manager is upgraded from version 5.x to 6.x. The service parameter is set to the default value in CFA CSS Activation Policy. Choose the service parameter and set the CFA CSS Activation Policy as indicated in these steps in order to resolve this issue:

In the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Page, choose Service Parameters > CUCM 6.x IP Address > CM Service.

Set the CFA CSS Activation Policy as With activating device/line CSS.

This resolved my issue, but not sure if it is the same with you... So just to mke sure check this parameter see if everything is good.

Also often the carrier here in Brasil dictates calling number/caller id advertised based on the DID range settings when purchased.  Also they could be out and out rejecting it since it is redirected... Looks like this is your case peer debug.
    Ensure that you is using Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask parameter in order to be able to route the call to the PSTN,

Also when you configure the Calling Party Selection:

First Redirect Number (External)—Sends the external directory number of the redirecting device.

Last Redirect Number (External)—Sends the external directory number of the last device to redirect the call

This should send the External number mask configured on the phone as the calling number.

Cheers
    Bruno Rangel

Please remember to rate helpful  responses using the stars bellow and identify helpful or correct answers .

Lembre-se de classificar todas as respostas utilizando as estrelas e escolha a resposta correta para marcar a discussao como respondida

Cheers
    Bruno Rangel

Amine Nouasri
    Level 3
    Level 3

Looking at your debug, the call is going to the PSTN with the extension as a Calling Number

Exclusive, Channel 12

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '7119'

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '995740194'

Is the external phone number mask on x7119 configured. Maybe your Telco is rejecting the call for that reason.

Please rate helpful answers!

Hi Amine and Bruno!

I really think that the problems is calling redirect number.

I have a conference with my provider and we will discuss and analyze the problems.

I will post the news!

Thanks all!!

Bruno Rangel
    Spotlight
    Spotlight

Sounds good!

Please rate all useful reply

Cheers
    Bruno Rangel

Bruno and Amine!

I realise a translation-profile in the router and I put the number 113472 before the extension and the transfer work´s.

But I don´t no why a can´t do it in the CUCM.

I tryed with Last Redirect Number (External) in the router, and with tranformation in the Pattern and it doesn´t work...

Bruno Rangel
    Spotlight
    Spotlight

Hi Marcelo

Have you configured the phone correctly? This should send the External number mask configured as the calling number.

Cheers
    Bruno Rangel

Hi Bruno!

Yes, I configured it in the Pattern, and the H323 gateway configuration in CUCM.

Doesn´t work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: