Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Forward issue on CUCM7.1(5) - Alcatel Q.Sig integration

Dear all experts,

I have a customer with Alcatel PBX, and migrating to Cisco CUCM 7.1(5).  At this moment, Alcatel PBX & Cisco CM System are running in parallel, and have several T1 Q.Sig Trunks connecting between them.  Basic call between Cisco & Alcatel is fully OK.  But we've got some strange symptom on Call Forwarding.

When we setup Unconditional Call Forward for the Alcatel extension to Cisco extension by Alcatel Admin Console, everything's fine.

But if we try to do it on the Alcatel analog phone, the Alcatel phone got dead silent and there is no confirmation tone heard (which is required, according to Alcatel engineer's comment).  If we keep the phone off-hook for 2 minutes, the Call Forward setup is success without notice.

We try to capture the Q.931 packet between Cisco & Alcatel.  We found that when the Alcatel analog phone try to do Unconditional Call Forward, Alcatel would send the following SETUP packet to Cisco (via the Q.Sig Trunk).  Cisco response with Call_Proceed, but no further response or action.  As a result, Alcatel wait and wait until timeout.

Oct 20 06:53:12.772: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x061A
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0xA880
                Standard = ISO/IEC
                Transfer Capability = Unrestricted Digital
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = Packet - not specified
        Channel ID i = 0xAC
                Exclusive, Channel 33
        Facility i = 0x9FAA06800100820100A11602010C06062B0C0288520C3009800100810
        Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '8907'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '4949'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
Oct 20 06:53:12.772: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x8
61A
        Channel ID i = 0xAC
                Exclusive, Channel 53

Have anyone got similar experience, and got any tips to solve the problem?  We hope that we cal allow the Alcatel Users to setup Unconditional Call Forward on their Alcatel Phone successfully.

Thanks in advance.

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Call Forward issue on CUCM7.1(5) - Alcatel Q.Sig integration

Please take a trace for a regular call and compare, because the following bearer capability is not indicating a voice call:

Oct 20 06:53:12.772: ISDN Se0/1/1:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x061A
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0xA880
                Standard = ISO/IEC
                Transfer Capability = Unrestricted Digital <-- Not a voice call !
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = Packet - not specified

Maybe the Alcatel is trying to communicate in packet mode? That will not work with the CM.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.