cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call-forward issues to an external number

Darren Lynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Im having an issue with call-forward to an external number.

When a callers calls externally to a mobile number the correct dial peer is matched and the call is successful.

Now, when a ext is CFA to an external number, internal calls to that extension successfully call-forward the number to the external number.

BUT,

When an external caller calls the extension with the CFA set, the the call fails.

When talking to the voice carrier, they say they can see a preceding "0" on the called number.

I have the same setup in numerous locations running the same software versions and i have never seen this issue before. Does anyone have any idea's?

below is the relevant config for the outbound calling.

The system uses a "0" to pick up the outside line, and the extention is call-forwarded to 00411xxxxxx

dial-peer voice 1004 pots

description --> OUTBOUND: Mobile

destination-pattern 004........

no digit-strip

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 10

6 Replies 6

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Have you verified that your route pattern or your route list used for outbound calls are not prefixing any digits? This can be done both at the route pattern or the route list so be sure to check both.

i can guarantee that the route lists and route patterns are not prefixing any digits.

users inside can dial the number without issue, the only issue is when its call-forwarded on the IP Phone.

Is the CFA CSS the same as the phone that can make thee outbound calls?

Have you looked a debugs on the GW to confirm the correct dial peer is being used?

If everything looks right don't make assumptions about which dial peers are being used, etc.

Keviin

I probably should have mentioned this.

This is a CME installation.

I can guarantee that the correct outbound dialpeer is being matched each and every time.

ya that definitely changes things quite a bit. That is quite odd that internal calls can be forwarded to the external number and connect, but when external users call in there is a 0 preceding the outbound call.

Thanks to everyone for their input but i found the solution.

The carrier was taging the inbound calls as type / plan national and when the call was being forwaarded it was holding those plan / type settings.

So on the D channel for the primary rate all outbound calls were set to plan / type unknown and its all working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: