cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward No-Answer Delay to VM

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

I have a customer with a newly deployed CUCM 6.1 with Unity 5. They are getting a 5 sec silence before connecting to Unity on call forward no answer. When you call VM pilot or hit msg icon on phone, greeting kicks in right away with no delay so I think the issue is within CUCM. Anyone run into this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

If they are using Unity 5, then they probably have Phone View turned on. Before the greeting starts, it is trying to turn on the XML page on the phone to tell the user someone is leaving them a message. I have it turned off on my implementations because I have not checked recently to see if Cisco ever released and ES to fix it.

But you can check the UTIM settings on Unity and see if it is running.

View solution in original post

Looks like there are several ES releases that fix this problem. It's also fixed on Unity 7.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi80906

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

If they are using Unity 5, then they probably have Phone View turned on. Before the greeting starts, it is trying to turn on the XML page on the phone to tell the user someone is leaving them a message. I have it turned off on my implementations because I have not checked recently to see if Cisco ever released and ES to fix it.

But you can check the UTIM settings on Unity and see if it is running.

Looks like there are several ES releases that fix this problem. It's also fixed on Unity 7.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi80906

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Many thanks for pinpointing the issue. Just so I understand, the issue is it is taking too long to bring up the xml page?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: