cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward to another extension without a ring

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We use CCM 6.1.1 I have a Executive who does not want his phone to ever ring but go straight to his admin assistant and then to another number before going to his voice mail.

Here is the call flow.

8002 - 8001 - 8003

How is this done without ringing his phone?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

setup call forward all on his DN to 8003.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Chris. I would think that you could accomplish this call flow using this config;

Exec - 8002 Call Forward All to 8001 (IP Phone will not ring)

Admin - 8001 Forward No Answer/Busy to 8003

Third Stop - 8003 Forward No Answer/Busy to Voicemail Pilot # (because VM will use First redirecting Number (8002) the Executives greeting will be properly played :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Someone calls 8002 the calls goes directly to 8001 where they answer if they are available, if not there or on the phone it needs to go to 8003

Hi Bill,

The config I listed above will do just what you are looking for :)

Cheers!

Rob

Rob

What do I use as VM Pilot Number - 8002 and will it go to 8002's vm?

Hi Bill,

Are you refering to the VM Pilot I talked about in conjunction with 8003?

"Third Phone (second Admin person) - 8003 Forward No Answer/Busy to Voicemail Pilot # "

This is the System-wide VM Pilot number. This is usually set by using the checkbox on the DN configuration page beside Forward No Answer/Forward Busy;

"Call Forward and Pickup Settings"

Forward Busy Internal X

Forward Busy External X

Forward No Answer Internal X

Forward No Answer External X

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: