Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward to Mobile from Hunt Group

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have IT service desk for what Hunt-Group is ceated with 4 IP Phone in that Hunt-Group. I want, if no one from that Hunt picks up the phone it should go to a Cell Phone no.

Is this possible?? If so kindly advice.

15 Replies 15

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Partha,

Most possible my friend :)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager offers the ability to redirect a call when hunting fails (that is, when hunting terminates without any hunt party answering, due either to exhausting the list of hunt numbers or to timing out). If used, this final redirection comprises a Call Forwarding action. Therefore, the Hunt Pilot Configuration window includes Call Forwarding configuration concepts that are similar to those found on the Directory Number Configuration window.

Example of Call Hunting

Although hunting differs from forwarding, hunting often originates as a call that gets forwarded to a hunt-pilot number. The call coverage feature extends hunting to allow final forwarding after hunting either exhausts or times out.

A typical call that invokes hunting can include the following phases:

The call hunts through provisioned hunt groups according to provisioned algorithms for each group. Hunting either succeeds (if a hunt party answers), exhausts (if all hunt parties are attempted, but none answer), or times out (if the time specified in the Maximum Hunt Timer runs out before all parties are attempted, and none of the parties that were attempted answer).

For the purpose of this example, we assume that hunting does not succeed.

If some form of final forwarding is configured, the call forwards to a next destination; otherwise, the call gets released.

Maximum Hunt Timer

The Maximum Hunt Timer field on the Hunt Pilot Configuration window allows the administrator to enter a value (in seconds) to limit the time for hunting through a hunt list. After the specified time lapses, if hunting has not succeeded, the call gets forwarded to a voice-messaging system, a specific dialed number, or some personal treatment (if configured), or the call gets released.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

If the call goes unanswered or all member phones are logged out, then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level;

Hunt Forward Settings

***Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply on this topic. I did the setings as per your post but unfortunately it is not working. Attached the screen shot of Hunt Pilot configuration.

Kindly suggest...

Hi Partha,

What jumps out at first glance is that the Calling Search Space is set @ . Have you tried a CSS that can reach the Mobile #?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I rectified the issue. It was not issue with CSS, it was with "Hunt Options"..

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Partha,

Nice work! +5 points for kindly posting back with your resolution.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I changed the "Hunt Options" to "Try next member, but do not go to next group"....It's started working after that..

Rate if it helps..

dugward
Level 1
Level 1

Any way to have it go to multiple cell numbers?

Configure SNR to do that

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry Jaime, what is SNR?

Single Number Reach, also called Mobility 

HTH

java

ok, thanks,

will this work if the phone or phones are in a hunt group?

It's the ONLY way to have an external phone to ring when calls are being delivered via a hunt pilot.

HTH

java

I'll try it out, thank you for the help!

Hi Jamie,

If I have a Hunt Group with 4 members in it, that rolls on to the next hunt group if all members are logged out, within that second group is one DN member. I wanted that lone DN to Call Forward All to a mobile number, but as I read above that is not possible. Will this SNR if applied to that remaining last available DN work for calls to hit the mobile?-is that what you are saying as such?!

Cheers

Clive

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: