cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward to Voicemail

tdonlin138
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue when forwarding to another extension.  I know this is probably a simple answer but I'm stumped.

I am going into the DN Configuration page for extension A.  Under Call Forward, for the destination I am entering extension B for:

Forward Busy Internal

Forward Busy External

Forward No Answer Internal

Forward No Answer External

Forward No Coverage Internal

Forward No Coverage External

Forward on CTI Failure

Forward Unregistered Internal

Forward Unregistered External

And I am unchecking the Voicemail check boxes.

Then I am doing the same for extension B.

But when I have it setup this way, each extension will bounce to the other and will not go to voicemail.  It will forward back and forth.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If at least one of these phones is set to CF to VM then it will, if not, then no.

If none of your phones is set to CF to VM CUCM will not send them to VM, that is expected, if you need to ring, phone A, and if it is not answered to go to phone B, C... and so on, and send the caller to VM after you have reached all of these then use a hunt group, (the pilot can be set to CF to VM if nobody answers), if you need to ring all phones at the same time so someone can pick this up, use a hunt group with a broadcast logic.

If this is for a single user, check 'single number reach' (SNR) or mobility on CUCM.

Bottom line, there is no way to send a caller to VM if none of the phones is set to CF to VM.

HTH

Chris.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you configure phone A to CF to phone B and phone B is configured to CF to phone A this is expected, now at some point you will reach the loop marker and the call will be dropped, what you can do is to create a hunt list to go over a set  of phones, and if nobody answers those then set the hunt pilot to forward to VM if there is no answer.

HTH.

Chris.

If these were call forwarded to different extensions, other than each other, it would go to voicemail?

Hi,

If at least one of these phones is set to CF to VM then it will, if not, then no.

If none of your phones is set to CF to VM CUCM will not send them to VM, that is expected, if you need to ring, phone A, and if it is not answered to go to phone B, C... and so on, and send the caller to VM after you have reached all of these then use a hunt group, (the pilot can be set to CF to VM if nobody answers), if you need to ring all phones at the same time so someone can pick this up, use a hunt group with a broadcast logic.

If this is for a single user, check 'single number reach' (SNR) or mobility on CUCM.

Bottom line, there is no way to send a caller to VM if none of the phones is set to CF to VM.

HTH

Chris.

I thought that was the case.  I just wasn't too sure.  Thanks so much for your help.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you want Call forward to go to voicemail, dont fill in an extension, just tick the box at for instance Call forward busy internal.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

If I wanted Ext A to go to Ext B after 3 rings, wouldn't I need to enter an extension?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: