Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Forward

When my users have thier phones forwarded to another extension and the forwarded extension doesn't answer, the caller goes into the original forwarded extension's mailbox. Can this be changed so that the caller gets transferred into the voicemail of the extension that the phone is forwarded to?

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Call Forward

Hi Chip,

This is an excellent question that comes up all the time, and as of now, if you are using most voicemail systems including Unity or Avaya voicemail this is working as expected.

There is hope coming in Unity 5.0 though :)

Have a look at Michael's great posts, there is a fix on the horizon for this exact problem in (Unity 5.0),(ECSBU Test Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS )

"The situation you describe here (getting Unity to recognize the last forwarding station rather than the first forwarding station), will be a system-wide option added to Unity 5.0. There is not a way to do this with a configuration setting on earlier versions of Unity. I'm not aware of any CallManager settings that will address this issue either."

"We use the OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager. The feature in Unity 5.0 will allow admin to configure Unity to look at LastRedirectingParty and LastRedirectingReason fields instead, on a system-wide basis."

From this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddada58

Also, here is another reference to this exact question with an answer from THE Unity Guru Jeff Lindborg;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda8a86/0#selected_message

If this is just a one-up type of setup you can configure a Voicemail profile (in CCM) for User B and apply it to User A that will allow this type of Call Forward to User B's mailbox. Or in Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that User A is an Alternate Extension for User B etc. But I don't think this is what you are looking for:(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Re: Call Forward

Thanks Rob.

I am familiar with the problem. I always told people that you can't double forward your phone, which is essentially what they want to do. If you ask me, I wouldn't want the caller to be forwarded into the other voicemail but the customer is always right of course.

Views
Helpful
Replies