Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding doesn't fully turn off

Paul Lehnert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a user who forwards his calls when he's out of the office to his cell phone.  When he gets back into the office he turns off the callforwarding.  However for some strange reason external calls placed to his number still get forwarded to his cell phone, internal calls will ring at his desk phone.  I had him contact me one day after turning it off and checked the call manager to see if for some reason the call forwarding was enabled on external calls only.  But once he turned it off there were no call forwarding options on in the call manager.  Was hoping someone would have any suggestions on where to go to resolve this.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Mark Lyman
Level 5
Level 5

Grasping at straws a little here - but Call Forwarding is one of the very few changes that is made on the subscriber that the phone is registered to, and is then propogated out to the other subscribers/publisher.

So if the call were to come into another subscriber, and the database were out of sync, then this would be the expected result.

The user is the only one who had that phone and Mac Address, so well not sure what would be out of the sync.  Unless there is something else I would need to check that I don't know about.