Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding from a phone that's part of a line group

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am working on a problem with hunt groups.  I  have a phone whose extension is part of a line group.  When that phone's  extension is forwarding to another line (say a cell number) the calls  to the hunt group are not forwarded to the cell number.  Is this a  design issue?  Is there a way to get the calls forwarded?  I am doing  this on CUCM 8.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No issue, that's Working As Designed.

CF settings are ignored for calls that arrive via a pilot point or hunt pilot.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

You can configure mobility for this purpose. Both the phone and the remote destination will ring when a call comes in.

HTH

java

HTH

java

You don't associate a route pattern.

What you configure in a remote destination is a phone number, then what route pattern it uses, depends on your call routing.

If the phone you want to ring is across a SIP trunk then configure a DN which will be routed using the associated route pattern.

HTH

java

HTH

java

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No issue, that's Working As Designed.

CF settings are ignored for calls that arrive via a pilot point or hunt pilot.

HTH

java

HTH

java

That's what I thought.

Java, how would you solve this scenario;

1) A call comes in at a certain number that needs to simulaneous ring an extension of a phone that's provisioned to callmanager and a phone that's on another system accessible via SIP trunk?  I can't add a CTI port that's pointed to a route pattern that's directed to a SIP trunk, and I can't apparently set up a phantom phone that's pointed at a route pattern that's directed to a SIP trunk either.  Do you know of a way to do this with CRS, perhaps?

You can configure mobility for this purpose. Both the phone and the remote destination will ring when a call comes in.

HTH

java

HTH

java

How would you associate the route pattern with the remote destination profile?

You don't associate a route pattern.

What you configure in a remote destination is a phone number, then what route pattern it uses, depends on your call routing.

If the phone you want to ring is across a SIP trunk then configure a DN which will be routed using the associated route pattern.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks, Java.  That makes sense.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: