cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding issues on CUCM 9.1.1.20000-5

raroseland
Level 1
Level 1

On our Version 9.1.1.20000-5 , I have a couple of issues. I was hoping you could help me figure them out?

1. A user forwards their desk phone to another number. Someone calls their desk number and should call forward to that number. Instead they get a recording “ The device you are using is not registered to place calls on the network” This was not an issue until I reset the CUCM last night. Can you tell me what the problem is?

2. Once we figure out the 1st problem, then we have this issue which has been a problem for a long time. I just can’t figure it out. A user forwards their desk phone to another number. Someone calls their desk number and the call is forwarded to the other number. The user sees on the call display on their cell (for example) their own desk number and not the number of the original person that is calling them. What parameter do I change to show the original calling number?

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first issue you raised doesn't seem to be a cucm prompt. This looks like the Telco is playing this prompt. Was this an outside number you forwarded the call to? Does this happen when you do a call forward to an internal number

The second issue can be solved by changing the calling device properties on the gateway. Go to the gateway, then scroll to:

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls and choose either of the ff: ( it appears that the gateway is set to use the last/first redirecting number (which is the users desk phone not the calling phone)

Originator—Send the directory number of the calling device.

Once the change is made reset the gateway. If its mgcp you need to stop and start the mgcp process on the gateway itself

Please rate all useful posts

In addition to changing your gateway config, you also need to ensure your provider supports you sending out other phone numbers as the calling number. Some providers only allow you to send numbers that are registered to your line, and if they see any other number they'll replace it.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

(+5) Gordon. Good point

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: