Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call forwarding related issues in UCM

I have a cucm ver 8.6 cluster with two locations. location 1 uses 5xxx and location 2 uses 6xxx extensions. Both location has their own h.323 gateways for PSTN calls and WAN link for intersite calls. Somebody in location 2 setup the call forwarding to his/her home phone number which is a local number to location 2. Now, when somebody from location 2 calls his/her extension, call gets forwarded to the forwarded number without any problem. However, when someobdy from location 1 calls the same extension in location 2, the user is prompted to prefix 1 saying it is a long distance call. Does anybody out there have idea why that happens?

Thanks, Badri

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re:Call forwarding related issues in UCM

This is a documented issue with local route groups. What is happening is that cucm is using the gateway of the calling device and not that of the forwarding device.

To resolve this..
1. You can set all call forward to use the full dialling pattern, so that no matter which gateway attempt to make the call, it will work

2. Reconfigure your cucm not to use LRG and just create seperate pattern for each location

3. Upgrade to cucm 9.x, where this issue is resolved

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

This is not TEHO related and they are two different things. Most likely in TEHO you have defined a differrent route pattern that routes the call to the remote location. However for Call forwarding on LRG, the issue is that the gateway used for the call is the caller gateway not the called user gateway, hence the call fails because the exchange of the called user requires a prefix 1.

My string recommendation is to avoid LRG until you can upgrade to 9.X..

Its a difficult one because you cant use voice translation rule since you cant identify the patterns that need prefixing 1 without affecting local calls on the gateway

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Badri,

One thing to add to the awesome info from my friend Deji (+5 "D")!

The release of CUCM 9.x adds this new service parameter;

This parameter specifies the local route group to be used for a   redirected call. Valid values follow: Local route group of calling   party: When this value is selected, the local route group associated   with the Device Pool of the Calling Party is used for routing the call.   Local route group of original called party: When this value is  selected,  the local route group associated with the Device Pool of the  Original  Called Party is used for routing the call. Local route group  of last  redirecting party: When this value is selected, the local route  group  associated with the Device Pool of the Last Redirecting Party is  used  for routing the call.
   This is a required field.
   Default:                  Local route group of calling party

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

9 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Are you using local route groups? What versionof CUCM is this?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Aokanlawon:

Yes I use local route groups. The version of CUCM is 8.6

Thanks,

VIP Super Bronze

This is a documented issue with local route groups. What is happening is that cucm is using the gateway of the calling device and not that of the forwarding device.

To resolve this..
1. You can set all call forward to use the full dialling pattern, so that no matter which gateway attempt to make the call, it will work

2. Reconfigure your cucm not to use LRG and just create seperate pattern for each location

3. Upgrade to cucm 9.x, where this issue is resolved

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thank you very much for the info. I am glad it is a documented issue, not the one that I created myself lol. Two more things:

1. Would you explain a bit more on your first suggestion ie. use full dialing pattern.

2.  When I call the forwarding extension from location 1, it seems to me like the call is routed through the local gateway as your rightfully pointed. However, when I call the forwarded number (final destination of the call, pstn number), I am not prompted to prefix 1. I think my TEHO kicks in there. So, in the scenario that I have described above, TEHO does not come into play?

Thank  you,

I am still waiting if some body can help me understand :

- Per Aokanlawon, what I have been experiencing above is a documented issue and there are a few workarounds to that. He gave 3 options. I use TEHO between location 1 and 2 for intersite PSTN calls. When someobdy from locatioin 1 calls a PSTN number local to location 2, the call is handed off to the gateway local to location 2 as it should in TEHO. However, my question here is, why, when someobdy from location 1 calls soembody in location 2 in his/her extension who has setup call forwarding to his/her home phone (local number to location 2) the call does not go through the local gateway in location 2. Can I assume TEHO does not kick in the situation I described above?

Thank you,

VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

This is not TEHO related and they are two different things. Most likely in TEHO you have defined a differrent route pattern that routes the call to the remote location. However for Call forwarding on LRG, the issue is that the gateway used for the call is the caller gateway not the called user gateway, hence the call fails because the exchange of the called user requires a prefix 1.

My string recommendation is to avoid LRG until you can upgrade to 9.X..

Its a difficult one because you cant use voice translation rule since you cant identify the patterns that need prefixing 1 without affecting local calls on the gateway

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Badri,

One thing to add to the awesome info from my friend Deji (+5 "D")!

The release of CUCM 9.x adds this new service parameter;

This parameter specifies the local route group to be used for a   redirected call. Valid values follow: Local route group of calling   party: When this value is selected, the local route group associated   with the Device Pool of the Calling Party is used for routing the call.   Local route group of original called party: When this value is  selected,  the local route group associated with the Device Pool of the  Original  Called Party is used for routing the call. Local route group  of last  redirecting party: When this value is selected, the local route  group  associated with the Device Pool of the Last Redirecting Party is  used  for routing the call.
   This is a required field.
   Default:                  Local route group of calling party

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Thank you Aokanlawon and Rob for great info. You guys always deserve more than +5.

Hi guys,

This new Service Parameter affects every forwarded calls, right? No matter if it is All, Busy, No Answer or Unregistered.

What if I want to change this behavior for CFA only? Do I have any option?

Because for CFUR, it is very useful when CUCM routes the call to the Calling Side gateway, so I can keep things working when the other site is in SRST.

Thanks,

Bruno

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content