cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding to be disabled on 7906 IP Phone with CCM 4.1(3)

pushpak.lele
Level 1
Level 1

We need to disable call forwarding feature on IP Phone and on Call Manager.

Pls guide us how to do so

12 Replies 12

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best way to do this is to use CSS on the phones/user profiles you want to disable Call Forwarding.

What you have to do is to put the CF parameters on the phone in a CSS that has restricted access.

Let me know if this helps

Please rate all useful posts

Can u pls give link on cisco site for detailed procedure of the same.

We have put all phones in default group.

Thanks

Pushpak

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lele,

Just to add a note to the good info from Deji (5 points for this good help Deji!)

You can also configure a new "custom" Softkey Template for the "Idle" state that does not include CFWDALL. After you apply this new template to the phones they will no longer have access to Call Forward All. If you allow you users to access the CCMUSER Web interface the Call Forward All option will need to be disabled there as well.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

Please rate all useful posts

Hi rob,

Can u pls give give detailed steps or link on cisco site where we can get detailed step for the same.

That will help us.

We have put all IP Phones (7906) in default group

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lele,

Sure, here is how to create the new Softkey Template (using the default Template as your starting point). Anyways here are the 2 methods involved;(1 to change existing non-standard softkey template and 2 to change the softkey template that a group of phones is using - with BAT)

**You can make changes to custom, nonstandard softkey templates that you create**

Updating a Softkey Template

Use this procedure to update a nonstandard softkey template that you created. You can update the template name, description, application soft keys that are supported, and the softkey layout.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Find the softkey template by using the procedure in the "Finding a Softkey Template" section.

Step 2 From the list of matching records, choose the softkey template that you want to update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can update only softkey templates that display a check box in the left column. All other softkey templates are standard, read-only templates.

The Softkey Template Configuration window displays.

Step 3 Update the settings that you want changed (such as adding an application softkey set or the softkey layout). See the "Adding Application Softkeys to Nonstandard Softkey Templates" section and the "Configuring Softkey Positions in a Nonstandard Softkey Template" section.

Step 4 Click the Update button.

The Softkey Template Configuration window redisplays with the softkey template updated.

Note After making updates to a softkey template, you must restart devices that are using the template.

Step 5 Click the Restart Devices button to apply the updated softkey template.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6f5.html#wp1024193

Cisco Unified CallManager Bulk Administration Guide, Release 5.0(2)

Updating Phones ******(This is the Readers digest version)

Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Update Phones> Query

Choosing the Update Parameters

After you have defined the query or custom file to search for phones, use this procedure to choose parameters and define values for updating phones.

Procedure

Step 1 In the Update Phones Query window, click Next. The Update Phones shows the type of query that you chose. If you want to change the type of query, click Back.

Step 2 Specify the setting that you want to update for all the records that you have defined in your query or custom file. You can choose multiple parameters to update.

Field Descriptions for Update Phones

Softkey Template

Choose the softkey template to be used for all phones in this group (Query).

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008062f1b8.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot.

We are able to disable call forwarding on IP Phone.

Ur proc really helped us to solve our problem

Pushpak

Hi Pushpak,

Sorry for getting your name backwards, I will remember for next time :) I am glad that this procedure helped and you are always welcome.

Take care,

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Rob,

It deserves 5 all day long. Allow me to oblige.

Ajaz :-)

Hi Ajaz,

Thank you for this my friend :) It always means alot to me when one of my favourites sees some value in one of my posts. Much appreciated!

Take care,

Rob

Wow, great detailed answer Rob, another 5 points.

//Jorge

Hi Jorge,,

Thanks so much for your kind words :) You know that I have always admired the work you do here, so this means a great deal! I see that you have moved on to AT&T - Alestra belated congratulations on this move.

Thanks again my friend!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: